Monday, June 29, 2009

Reflections of 32 Favors Project

Wow! This has been an amazing journey. When I started this project back in early February I never could have predicted the way in which it would ultimately unfold. Perhaps that is one of the greatest lessons taken away from the experience: I do not need to know how the story ends, I just need to make room for the experience of enjoying the creative process. Only when I get myself out of the way can I be certain to have no investment in the outcome of any given situation. This does not mean I cannot have a preference or need to display a sense of apathy. On the contrary it means I need to care about myself and others so much not to assume I know what is best without taking into account what is presently actually happening. I am so grateful to all of you who followed this blog's development and who showed me grace and patience regarding the delay in the final postings. Life surprised me in too many ways to count, just know this project played a crucial role in my ability to adapt and even embrace whatever changes occurred. The people I met along the way have shown me an expanded and expansive world that I thought only existed in tales of Utopia. And, while this is not Utopia, it is possible to see the good and to know and do the good as Plato wisely noted many years ago. 32 Favors brought me to a place of understanding that on every level and I hope it may offer all of you guidance for your own journeys towards understanding whatever it is you are seeking, as well.

Warmly,

Nanci

1 comment: