Friday, February 6, 2009

32 Favors in 32 Days

It just occurred to me how I may be able to start in a small way to help the global community!
Right now due to the economy I have a huge asset not being realized: my time! I propose to do one favor per day for any interested party for the next 32 days. Why 32? Its one more day than the longest number of days in a month. Anyone can get him or herself out of the way for a month. This is my chance to give back. So, what are you waiting for? Send me an email to 32favors@gmail.com with a favor you need done. Just include your name, the favor to be done and the person receiving the favor (if known).

Once the favor is done, I will ask the recipient to send me to someone new that they would like to have a favor done for. Hopefully, this will have a domino effect! It can be as simple as helping to look-up something on Google or as complex as deciding on the perfect outfit for a first date or to help you help another friend or stranger. Ask me to volunteer with your favorite charity, to buy a stranger coffee, to help plan your meals for the week...The only limit is your imagination.

My only requests are the following: please be concise in your request; please only ask for positive, family-friendly favors (no R-rated requests or content); please be willing to have the request be public (your name will not be used) and lastly please try and keep the request feasible based on my current situation (I live in LA, I am on a budget). Anything else goes! Oh and one last thing, please be willing to write a short email about your experience of having your favor done for me to share on this blog (again your name will not be used unless you choose to do so)

Today is Friday and for the next 32 days, I'm your Girl Friday. I will post photos and stories about each favor. Ideally, I want to touch the lives of at least 32 people, but lets not stop there...forward this to friends, colleagues, etc and lets start a collective collaboration of goodwill.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea. You are a lovely writer and thoughtful person. This will give us inspiration in these tough times. More comments to come later. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nancy,
    It's Kate, and I have to admit I have not been on facebook much, so I don't know what kind of a health scare you had. I'm sorry. Glad you are doing something here that means something good for you and others. This is what you can do for me: take good care of yourself for one whole day. Whatever that means to you now. You know deep down what that is. And let me/us know what you did to take care of yourself for one whole day, OK? You are still the reason I got into Pilates, and have stuck with it. I care about you, Nancy. Keep in touch, OK? Love, Kate

    ReplyDelete