Friday, February 6, 2009

The First Entry of the Rest of my Blog


I finally bit the bullet and decided to join the blog-verse. This blog will feature insights and stories I gathered since beginning to journal in 2001 and since beginning to teach Pilates-based exercises in 2004. I constantly tell my clients to find their "balanced place" and this will chronicle my own journey to discover mine. I have seen some amazing things through my teaching and have literally had a client walk into my studio on crutches and leave walking. I'm not sure why I chose today to start other than the fact I changed my status on Facebook to: Nanci deserves better! This is a part of the better. Ghandi said, "Be the change you want to see in the world," and if my shift in perception leads to a collective awakening then what better time than right now to begin the better? We all deserve better!

Last night I had a dream: I dreamed about standing at the starting line of a high hurdle race and being terrified to begin since I thought I would surely fall as I did not know how to run over a high hurdle. I almost walked away from the line but something inside of me told me to go and run my best. I did and I ended up falling and being hurt. I knew I had a choice at that moment: I could stay on the ground and focus on the pain and defeat or I could pull myself up and try again and again until I learned how to finish the race. At that instant I saw an image of me where I was dressed in modest clothes and I saw many faces before me and heard many different languages. What I understood to be the commonality between all of these people was their feeling and fear of pain. They lined up one by one and asked me to help them with their pain; at first the task seemed too overwhelming but after closing my eyes and asking for help to do my part, I found I had abundant energy to reach out to each person. Within a very short time I accomplished the seeming impossible and each and every person who sought my help received what they were seeking. I am not sure how to do my part in the global community, but I do hope this blog will help to reveal the path and next steps to be taken by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment