Saturday, February 7, 2009

Favor 1: For my Grandma


For the first Favor, my grandmother requested I post this photo of me taken in Hawaii. It captures one of the happiest days and experiences of my life. I think her hope was to remind me of that happiness and to encourage me to revisit the feelings of joy, excitement and wonder. Out of a lottery of hotel guests I was chosen to join a group of other guests to have a dolphin experience which meant I was allowed to swim with and hold a baby dolphin named Malia. Never being the biggest fan of water, I hesitated before dipping my toe in, but upon seeing little Malia, all the trepidation vanished and I let go and dove in. The facilitators of the program taught us how to have Malia jump up and grab floating rings out our hands. It was an experience beyond words and could only be topped be me being allowed to cradle and hold the baby dolphin in my arms on the edge of the lagoon. Thank you grandma for asking me to do this as the first favor. Hopefully this photo will bring a smile to others and remind all of us we are most connected when we are the most free.

I will post grandma's feedback soon.

1 comment:

  1. that last line you wrote is so profound and boy did i need to hear that right now. thank you

    ReplyDelete